Why? Because I've become a social gal as of late, but on my terms. As with some people my age, I don't like to go

This weekend, despite being under the weather, I attended a Thanksgiving In July potluck at the Dennison St. house. It was as amazing as it sounds. Gerardo, Aaron's boyfriend from Mexico City, was visiting the US for the first time -- why not introduce him to the most wonderful gut-busting American holiday that is Thanksgiving? Hot damn, I love Thanksgiving food! And I haven't made dressing in years because we've gone to New Orleans the past few holidays, so it was a treat to make it. There was smoked turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, yams with marshmallows, mashed potatoes with gravy, rolls, pumpkin cheesecake pie, cranberry sauce, and pozole, which Gerardo and Aaron contributed. Pozole is excellent stuff and I will definitely be attempting it myself very soon. Like tonight. For lunches this week. Kinda surprised I haven't had any before now, frankly. But, anyway, everything was really tasty. ATM and I made plates to take to lunch the next day, but they didn't even survive the night. We didn't just eat at this potluck -- activities included playing Cards Against Humanity, shooting the BB gun at tin cans, and watching futbol. And I got to meet a very nice Heather and Jenna, too. It was a pretty ace way to finish a weekend.



Photo by Aaron
Here's me:
Photo by Brittany
Brittany:

Steven:

I'm taking this week slow. I need the rest because I'm OVER being ill. Ideally, all I want to do is read comics, do some cooking, and mill around the house. Go have a nice sushi dinner with my husband. I'll be making supper for my mum and sister on Thursday eve and we'll be putting together a photo album of our Viet Nam trip together, too. Go to the beauty shop and maybe catch a blockbuster movie. Need a find a way to go swimming. I haven't gone swimming once this summer! Outrageous.
Gotta make time to go see my aunt in Colorado; we've just reconnected and I've learned her cancer is spreading. Running out of time.
Gotta make time to go see my cousin in Seattle. She battled and survived a crazy cancer. She's my favorite relative and we need to go live life together, make some lovely memories.
Gotta make time to go see my sister/brother-in-law. She just had a baby! Need to embrace the little one and his big brother. I've learned from my friends with babies that you've got to give new parents a little space, but we'd like to see if we can help and say hi to our nephews. Wonder if I can get them to call me Tia AiLien?
Gotta make time to go visit the old man, too. I just hate going back home. But, if I go back home, I can see some more cousins and an aunt that I adore.

1 comment:
I just downloaded Cards Against Humanity and will take to Staples to make my own set. Thank you for the heads up. I've read a few of the answers and questions--though don't want to read too many--would be like reading the answers to Trivial Pursuit, right?--and they are hilarious.
Post a Comment